Are You Creating Content For Your Business?
May 21, 2019
If you’re not creating content for your business, you should be. Content is still King!
Your content can help you:
✅Grow your audience
✅ Build trust for your brand
✅ Establish yourself as an expert.
And so much more.
Your content is every thing that you put out in the webosphere. If you aren’t putting any effort into your content, you are likely leaving money on the table.
Producing great content is a really inexpensive way to grow your potential customer base because you don’t have to spend money to do it. Consider starting a podcast, writing a blog, and sharing your message on your social media.
Since we’re talking about content, I wanted to remind you of a past episode of my podcast that I did on 10 ways to come up with ideas for your content. Let’s recap.
Here are 10 ways to come up with ideas for creating your content.
- Ask social media. Reach out to people who follow you on social media. If you have a business page or a page that is dedicated to the niche you’ll be sharing about, even better. Ask your followers what they’d like you to talk about in upcoming posts.
- Ask family and friends. Even if they aren’t remotely interested in your niche, ask your family and friends what they would want to know if they were interested in it. Sometimes you get amazing questions that you would have never thought of from people who know absolutely nothing about your niche.
- Ask Google. Regularly use the Google machine and do a search on keywords related to your niche. Peruse the results and allow yourself to go down rabbit holes. Many times, you’ll be inspired by other content you come across. Two quick rules about being inspired by others’ content. 1) Don’t plagiarize. 2) Don’t plagiarize.
- Use your own questions. That’s right. You can use questions you currently have about your niche as ideas for content. You can create great content around an unanswered question you have, then do some research to answer your own question and create content around the answer.
- Use your own experiences. It’s perfectly okay to create content as you experience something — similar to keeping a diary, or you can create content based on an experience you have already had or will have in the future.
- Brainstorm. A good brainstorm session never hurt nobody! Take a pen and paper, set a timer for 5–10 minutes and write down every single idea that comes to mind. When your time is up, take a look your list and go with the best ideas you wrote down.
- Jot down ideas throughout the day. Once you start creating and sharing content, you’ll be surprised at how many ideas hit you at the weirdest times throughout the day. The worst thing you can do is not be prepared when they come to you. Keep a pen and paper (old school) or your phone (new school) around so that you can make a note of ideas as you get them. Trust me, it’s a bummer when an idea hits you at a bad time and you can’t remember it at all when you’re finally able to write it down.
- Check forums and communities. Watch conversations in forums and join communities related to your niche for discussions around topics that could be inspiration for great content for you. You might notice that a topic comes up a lot or that there’s a particular topic that gets a lot of engagement. Those discussions can be gold for coming up with ideas for your content.
- Break down complex processes. Think of complex processes or topics in your niche. Can you break them down and explain them in simple terms that help people understand them better? If so, that process or topic may be a great idea to create content around.
- Any combination of numbers 1–9. You can use these ideas alone or combine them for maximum fun!
A lot of entrepreneurs get intimidated when they think about content. They think it’s hard to come up with ideas and even harder to set up a podcast, a blog or create social media graphics, but it’s not. You just need someone to show you how.
If you need help with any of these, I just released 3 courses that will walk you through the process of doing each with minimal time or money and you DON’T need technical expertise.
You can get one or all three of the courses in my Master Your Content 3 Course Bundle for the low, but I’m not sure how long I’ll be offering it at such a low price, so grab it ASAP.
If you’re not, start taking the content you produce for your business serious, and if you have any questions about what you can do or how, feel free to hit me up on Instagram or Facebook.
Also, visit my website to check out my other training programs and listen to my podcast, Master Your Mission, for daily motivation and inspiration to pursue your dreams.